Wednesday, April 8, 2009

From the good earth....




Here they are! My first, healthy crop of 'Dragon's Tongue' beans which I planted several weeks ago after losing my original crop to the horrible three days of hell back in Feb!
They are an heirloom variety which means the seeds have been saved through the generations and these will surely be treasured! (Only the last few will be retained because I plan to eat these delicious legumes as soon as!)

They are a lovely cream colour with a striking purple marking. Once cooked, the whole bean reverts to a green colour.....wow!

And of course, just a little diversion, isn't this just exquisite? I've been growing this rose for the last 20 years and its blooms and heavenly perfume never fail to amaze me! This is the lovely 'Peach Nectar'.

No comments:

Post a Comment