Thursday, April 30, 2009

Purple velvet....



Isn't this flower the most gorgeous, velvety shade of purple to be seen in nature? It actually feels as fabulous as it looks!
Mexican Sage is its name, a member of the salvia family. I have it growing in my front garden now(a result from cuttings taken a few months ago round the backyard where the parent plant was growing but had to make way for a new veggie patch!)
If looks could kill....so could the smell, believe me!!! Not very pleasant to my nose anyway.
I don't stop and smell it, just stand in awe of its beauty.

Of course, once having drunk deeply of this beautiful colour,I created this simple but different pendant/necklace, once again playing with the purple/amethyst theme from the sage.

I like it, do you?

P.S. The colourful tourmaline kiltpin sold the other day and is flying to its new home in Hawaii!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Maryann! The pins are gorgeous! And I didn't realize you had such a green thumb, I'll be looking here for information to my garden woes! :-)

    ReplyDelete